I believe these first two pictures are of the Lazy Man Dub Band from Roanoke: 
These Martinsville natives in the picture below cranked out a Grateful Dead set. Pretty incredible, and the crowd over at the second stage was highly enthusiastic.
The Rooster Walk organizers are hoping to turn this into an annual event, growing larger and larger until it's a well-known music festival that attracts crowds from outside our region. This could be the start of something really cool for Martinsville, both from an art & music perspective and an economic development standpoint. If people come here from across the country to see Rooster Walk, they'll need places to stay, places to eat and places to buy whatever they forgot to bring. Big props to William and the folks who put this together. I'll see you there next year!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Rooster Walk Pictures
Last Friday, I got a chance to sit down and chat with William Baptist from the Rooster Walk festival. He came to the studio and talked about the music festival, which was held for the first time last Saturday. The event was held to raise scholarship money and honor the memory of Edwin Penn and Walker Shank, two Martinsville natives who passed away at a very young age. Certainly a great cause, and the festival was a blast. Here are a few pictures I took last week when I attended with the "King" Ed Lane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment